Our sustainability policy
Here at Paramount House we strive to fulfil our responsibility for sustainability. We like to provide an eco-friendly environment for companies who are conscious about the planet and want to work in a place that respects the environment.
Within the last year we have made the following improvements:
Paramount house now uses 100% renewable energy from biomethane gas, wind, hydro and solar electricity.
We now provide further recycling points in our building and have increased what materials we recycle. We have extended to recycle all mixed dry recycling within our building which reduces the waste we send to landfill.
• Paramount house like to encourage green transport methods. Firstly, we offer CCTV and weather protected cycle parking areas.
• Onsite we have an electric car charging point letting you go green on-the-go.
• We are currently phasing out older, less energy efficient, historic lighting within the building replacing with LED units which use a fifth of the power that standard fluorescent fittings would. This paired with the fantastic natural light we receive within our building will keep you working radiantly.
• We have also invested and replaced 50% of the air conditioning within the building replacing the old VRV system with brand new split system technology which reduces energy expenditures through reducing energy exchange within air duct systems. Each client can control their own office temperature which prevents it having to be on for those who don’t need it. Also, these units are comparatively quieter reducing noise pollution within offices. Very cool!
• We have introduced hand dryers in the bathrooms which give people the option to reduce their paper usage alongside changing our loo paper dispensers to single sheet over roll dispensers which reduces wastage.
• We also encourage our staff to switch off their PCs and televisions at night to reduce standby power wastage. We always buy second-hand where we can with equipment which reduces wastage in production of new appliances. We have also phased out single use plastic coffee machines and milk containers within our boardrooms, replacing these with tea and coffee boxes and reusable milk jugs.
• Finally, we ensure to have live plants in all our communal spaces as they absorb airborne pollutants and emit healthy negative ions and oxygen into the air. Some research even suggests they can reduce stress, sickness and absence and increase productivity.